View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2019, 01:22 AM   #192
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
The next tier has a split vote.

Having read Cyber Wars by Kathleen Hall Jamieson, I totally agree with Brooks tonight (Brooks and Shields) on PBS. The Democrats are going to lose again, big time, because they are trying to campaign on issues and Trump is steamrolling through again based on knee-jerk emotionalism.

In excruciating detail the book explains how the Russian bots, trolls and the Trump campaign completely snookered the public demonizing Clinton and making Trump out to be the savior.

I've posted about this book before and probably will repeat myself a dozen more times before the 2020 election. If you read it you'll understand why it's such an important examination of the 2016 election.
If you're going to push Cyber Wars, I may as well recommend Democracy in Chains by Nancy McLean. That one goes into quite a lot of historical detail about one of the major aspects of what's going on in the background on the right-wing, how such has developed, their actual goals, and a bit on their strategies - frequently invoking the words of the people themselves. Understanding the underlying issues is likely just as important, if not moreso, than understanding any particular one of the tools that are being employed to get to it.

Last edited by Aridas; 3rd August 2019 at 01:26 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top