Thread: [Split Thread] Scorpion's Spiritualism
View Single Post
Old 25th April 2014, 09:00 AM   #30
anglolawyer
Banned

Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
What is interesting of all that pool of souls to draw from, only the known historical figures get the "second, third..." chance.
The many others that lived and died in anonymity get no second chance, if the claims of having a past life had any basis in reality.
I get Military History Quarterly. The number of grunts dying in battle, and the toll on the losing sides is enormous, but it's only Napoleon who shows up 100 years later, not one of the grunts that died at Waterloo.
Funny, but I've noticed that too!

The thing that always strikes me about reincarnation of the common or garden variety is - so what? Say I am the reincarnation of some nobody no one ever heard of. What of it? I don't remember him and he had no foreknowledge of me. So it's exactly the same as if he died and I was born and neither event had any connection with the other. More to the point, it means death is forever or that it is not not forever because of reincarnation.

Reincarnation only addresses the problem of being permanently dead, or permanently not being, if there is some cognitive link between the dead one and the living one, otherwise it's pointless.
anglolawyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top