View Single Post
Old 26th January 2013, 12:57 AM   #1129
Rwalsh
Banned

Or this representation where it shows a larger part of africa and the vertical rule. And you will see that it approximately aligns itself with st.Helena.

I feel there is a reason, and A connection as to why the globe is represented and a obscure and approximate suggestive marker. This painting is a very good source of information I find.

Perhaps. Also... The Equator and where that vertical line comes and intersects falls directing in the vacinity of St. Helena.

I question all aspects of this. And its apprent the information displayed they way it was meant to symbolizes something.

X marks the spot. And my orange dot shows you exactly where st helena is

This painting could very well represent a traveling method by sea travel. plotting a course or whatever type of navigation this globe portrays. The circular radius indicating where they may start there travel. And the vertical line outlaying where they will be sailing in that direction plotting the course. or finding the exact amount of traveling how long it would approximately take to get there.

In the painting i feel he is saying

"Here I will show you where it is, I have instructed my son to paint it exactly the way I wished it to be. So others may understand what is inscribed in the painting in this very globe im holding."

He could have placed that vertical line anywhere else on the globe. But it was instructed to place it there.
Why have the globe portrayed primarily focusing on the Atlantic ocean,.

Last edited by Rwalsh; 26th January 2013 at 01:30 AM.
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top