View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2009, 09:13 PM   #29
technoextreme
Illuminator

Originally Posted by drkitten View Post
Well, teaching is a skill. The broader skill mix you demand, the less levels you have to expect, because people can't be brilliant at everything.
Is it really that big of a skill? The only real thing I've ever needed to have teaching people is patience. The other problem is knowing what the hell you are talking about. If you fail at that you are screwed and this is coming from someone whose has had complete mastery over subjects to being one theory short of actually explaining a subject. As for high school classes I could probably teach physics, eventually chemistry (Given the weird and freakishly random direction my career just took), almost every single type of high school math, and maybe biology.
Quote:
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach at Community College."
Ehhh gods. Community college for my brother has been an abject disaster. My mother called me up asking about a simple biology question that typically would involve being taught a Punnett square. The stupid teacher did not go over anything involving Punnett squares.
It's amazing how many of these "paranormal" icons seem to merge together. There always seem to be theories about how they link together in some way. I'm sure someone has a very good explanation as to how Bigfoot killed JFK to help cover Roswell.-Mark Mekes
This isn't rocket surgery.-Bill Nye

Last edited by technoextreme; 23rd February 2009 at 09:24 PM.
technoextreme is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top