Thread: SGU forum MIA?
View Single Post
Old 4th February 2020, 03:04 PM   #11
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Apologies for knowing my metier.

On a serious note, it is horribly easy to comprehensively bugger up any rdms at a mere click. BBS interfaces are notorious for it.

Back in the day when I did such things I can recall group chats with mods/admins. They devolved into

Me: you are gonna break it.
Them: We have to reset.
Me: You're gonna break it.
Them. Let's just reboot and delete and start from scratch.
Me: You're gonna break it.
Them: Lets just do this and see what hap----<silence><dead website><tumbleweeds>
Me: I told you that you would break it.

This is distressingly common. I am fortunate to have a trust relationship with my customers. This is, in my experience, a vanishing ethic.

I am told by a developer friend of mine that borking a database is frighteningly easy, like having a ; where you were supposed to have a : and such a mistake can take a long time to track down.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top