View Single Post
Old 16th June 2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Questioninggeller
Illuminator

Sylvia Browne useless again: Carol Wood (appears with Sally Jesse)

Quote:
PSYCHIC SAYS MISSING OSWEGO WOMAN SLAIN A GUEST ON THE SALLY JESSE RAPHAEL TV SHOW CONFRONTS THE CASE OF CAROL WOOD , WHO VANISHED AUG. 4 IN OSWEGO.
Post-Standard, The (Syracuse, NY)
Saturday, April 12, 1997
Author: JANET GRAMZA The Post-Standard

Carol Wood 's family and friends gasped in horror Friday as a psychic announced on national television that Wood was brutally murdered soon after she vanished last August.

"She was hit over the head and then she was strangled," psychic Sylvia Browne said of Wood on the Sally Jesse Raphael show.

Wood 's sister, Jan Growe, and close friend Brenda Rowe cried as they watched the show with a houseful of other friends Friday.

The show, taped Jan. 29, featured Wood 's other sister, Alison Grunberg of St. James, Long Island, and two other families seeking to solve their loved ones' murders.

The show titled, "I Need Psychic Sylvia Browne to Solve My Mystery," didn't solve the disappearance of Carol Wood , who was last leaving Anthony's Bar & Grill on Bridge St. at 1:30 a.m. Aug. 4.
Besides telling Grunberg that Wood is dead, Browne said a big, husky, dark-haired man was involved in her murder, and that he was friendly with another man who had "sandy hair and a lanky build."

And besides Wood 's Toyota - which also hasn't been found - Browne mentioned two other vehicles, a blue car and a truck. She said one of the cars could be found inside a yellow, prefabricated metal warehouse "not far" from where Carol was last seen.

She also told Grunberg she could sense Carol standing behind her. "She always had an interesting habit of doing something with her tongue and her teeth, and that's what she's doing now," Browne said, demonstrating.
Full article: Source

I believe this article conveys what help Browne was:

Quote:
PSYCHICS' HELP NOT ALWAYS REFUSED
FOR EVERY PSYCHIC WHO CRACKS A CASE, THERE ARE HUNDREDS CONSULTED IN VAIN.
Syracuse Herald American (NY)
Sunday, April 13, 1997
Author: Janet Gramza Staff Writer

The night Carol Wood disappeared, her sister, Alison Grunberg, woke from a sound sleep with a crushing pain in her chest.
Grunberg's latest effort aired Friday on a segment of the Sally Jessy Raphael show titled, "I Need Psychic Sylvia Browne to Solve My Mystery."

On the show, taped Jan. 29, the psychic told Grunberg that her petite, 30-year-old sister was hit over the head and strangled shortly after she drove away from Anthony's Bar & Grill in Oswego.

Browne gave a vague description of a "husky, dark-haired" suspect and said Wood and her car are hidden in a yellow, prefabricated metal warehouse "not far" from downtown Oswego.

Grunberg, of St. James, Long Island, and Wood 's other sister, Jan Growe of Oswego, saw the psychic's words as potential clues, and asked investigators to check them out.

Police say they did that shortly after the Sally show was taped three months ago. So far, nothing has led to Carol Wood, her car or a suspect.

Authorities say that's typical. For every psychic who cracks a case on TV's "Unsolved Mysteries," there are hundreds consulted by crime victims in vain.
Grunberg called investigators after the Sally show taping and told them of Browne's vision of a warehouse. State Police Inv. Lyle Baxter checked out some warehouses as a result, but found nothing, Grunberg said.
Browne also described the husky, dark-haired man as a friend of a "sandy-haired, lanky" man who Carol Wood knew.

Growe and Wood 's close friend, Brenda Rowe, said Friday they feel the sandy-haired man could be the man Wood was dating when she vanished. Wood was seen slapping her boyfriend during an argument at Anthony's before storming out and speeding off in her red Toyota Corolla.

Dehm said he wouldn't describe Wood 's boyfriend as sandy-haired. "But the descriptions (Browne) gave on the show, we did check them out," he said.

The psychic also mentioned a blue car and a truck as being used in the crime. Dehm said he hadn't heard that before Friday, and would keep it in mind.

While Wood 's family and friends spent Friday dissecting Browne's predictions, they also admitted they might be grasping at threads. "I've spoken to a lot of psychics....maybe just because I'm so desperate," Grunberg said.
Full article: Source
Questioninggeller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top