View Single Post
Old 14th April 2009, 03:21 PM   #126
Brown
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post

What?
From the Des Moines Register:
Quote:
"If I have the opportunity to serve as your next governor," Bob Vander Plaats told about 350 people at a rally, "and if no leadership has been taken to that point, on my first day of office I will issue an executive order that puts a stay on same-sex marriages until the people of Iowa vote, and when we vote we can affirm and amend the Constitution."
Bill Salier, co-founder of Everyday America, told the crowd that state lawmakers need to thank the Supreme Court justices for their opinion but say that it is merely opinion and that the law is still on the books.
Being bat-spit crazy and being pig-ignorant would ordinarily be two strikes against someone, but for publicity hounds, they are an absolute boon.

One wonders: what WILL these folks do if the machinery to amend the Iowa Constitution is engaged and the citizens decide that they don't want to amend the State Constitution to take a giant step backward?

"Don't you get me wrong. I only want to know." -- Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar, lyrics by Tim Rice
Brown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top