View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:03 PM   #36
Brown
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
As for the argument that marriage is for making kids, it's so silly I can't even begin to fathom it. First of all, as you said, there's the fact that sterile people and couples not interested in having kids being entitled to marry without receiving flak from the bigots. Secondly, there's the fact that there exists in every country a number of orphans, or kids of parents unfit to care for them. If everyone's going to make kids and no one's going to take care of the existing ones, what do we do with those without good parents? Do we just leave them to rot in orphanages?

I do believe, actually, that the fact that gays and lesbians can't have kids together is one of the main reasons to support gay marriage. The couples, unless they procreate through artificial means, adopt kids from orphanages and give them good, caring homes to live in.
Judge Hanson mentions another class of heterosexuals allowed to marry, even though they can't have kids: PRISONERS! Yes, your scum-sucking (but technically straight) felon in the pokey has the right to marry, even if law-abiding gay couples don't.

It may also be a good idea to remember what George Carlin said: Gay couples WON'T HAVE ABORTIONS! If you're really opposed to abortions, then shouldn't you be in favor of committed relationships that are guaranteed not to have abortions?

"Don't you get me wrong. I only want to know." -- Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar, lyrics by Tim Rice
Brown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top