View Single Post
Old 31st July 2019, 04:01 PM   #110
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Here's my list:
- Ignore Trump.
- Dismiss attempts to make the campaign about Trump as a distraction.
- Run on the issues. What issues? Any issues. If you have a policy to propose, do that.
- Talk to Americans about their concerns. Not to Democrats. Not to Republicans. Americans.

That last one is tricky, but if you can figure it out, you'll crush Trump in the general regardless of whether you're a (D) or an (R).

Dunno how that helps you get the nomination, though.

Probably your best bet is to run the standard primary "more extreme than the rest of them" primary playbook. And then when Trump tries to throw that back in your face:
- Ignore Trump
- Dismiss attempts to make the campaign about Trump as a distraction.

I figure, a good chunk of the electorate won't remember what you said to win the primaries anyway. Another good chunk will understand that what you said was just political expedience. Another good chunk will start out suspicious but be brought around by:
- Run on the issues. What issues? Any issues. If you have a policy to propose, do that.
- Talk to Americans about their concerns. Not to Democrats. Not to Republicans. Americans.

Add it all up, and I think the total comes out to... a violent kick in the crotch for Donald Trump in 2020.
...Nancy?
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top