View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 11:02 AM   #12
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
But with Trump Derangement Syndrome, I think it really has reached the level of mental illness for some people.
What are you basing this on? He's said that he wants to stay in the White House and he's floated the idea to get a reaction more than once. It's not like this is some "out of left field" type of idea. Calling someone mentally ill should require them to at least contradict the words spoken by the target of their ire.

Is the OP author one of those? Well, that depends.
His concept is no more crazy than claiming someone is mentally ill without any ******* evidence to support the claim at all.

Was the OP meant to be taken seriously? Then yes. The idea that Donald Trump is going to declare himself dictator is simply nuts.
Even if it's a hypothetical, again, it's not far off the mark. Trump has floated the idea more than once (with regards to staying in office). You guys just calling someone mentally ill isn't really refuting a ******* thing. It's the actual definition of an ad hom attack. You didn't contest anything about his argument. You said he was deranged and nothing else. That's the antithesis of skepticism.

Uhmmmm…..let me revise slightly. The idea that Donald Trump will successfully declare himself dictator is simply nuts. I don't know what goes on in his head. He might just imagine that he could do it, but no. Even with a Coronavirus pandemic going on, there will still be elections, and Donald Trump will still respect the results of those elections.
LoL the OP never said it would be successful, just that Trump would try it. How do you know he'll respect the elections? There's way more evidence to support the OP saying Trump will try to stay in office than your claim that he will respect the elections. Do you have actual evidence Trump will respect the elections? He respects absolutely nothing else. I think what you mean is Trump will be forced to adhere to the election results.

I'd say it's more deranged and mentally ill to think Trump would adhere to any respected norm as he hasn't shown any evidence he will up to this point.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top