View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 11:29 AM   #18
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dann View Post
I'm not thinking of a business opportunity. The virus is probably going to affect the whole tourist and hospitality industry negatively: travel agencies, airlines, cruise lines, theme parks and hotels.
We also know that he has no idea whatsoever what a virus or a pandemic is.
But he has already stated several times that he might try to stay in office if he is not reelected in November.
Declaring a state of emergency could be the way for him to cancel or postpone the primaries as well as the presidential election altogether - at least until a vaccine is ready if it ever is.
Having to cancel his own ego-boosting rallies might be the only thing preventing him from doing so.
I remember the Asian flu which I had at age 11 and had there been a way to avoid that level of misery I certainly would have done it. I doubt if this current virus is as bad as that one was. These things come along and people get hurt even if they are able to avoid the virus themselves. You lose money and that's all there is to it. The misery level of being sick is what scares people away and I don't blame them.

Its been 61 years since the Asian flu was around but it was a serious illness that cost the lives of thousands of elderly patients and young children with compromised immune systems or weak in some way already.

Prior to to getting sick I was healthy as a horse but I will never forget the fever, the aches, the pains and the overall feeling of agony that coame with the Asian flu.