View Single Post
Old 11th July 2013, 04:21 AM   #36
Alan
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
A magician who is not trying to pass himself off as doing real magic, is not really applying the showman side of that occupation and would be better focusing on his/her day job as the main generator of $ and make magic tricks a hobby.

Dynamo - as he presents, is no doubt the most amazing Magician I have ever seen on the TV.
Some of his tricks are mind boggling - so much that my mind could easily fall into thinking woo-woo thoughts as to how he actually accomplishes some of those illusions - lucky though I am in control of my minds urge to wander down that particular path, and I simply tell myself that he must have more $ than he looks to have to pay all those actors, plus film crew and everything else to do with travelling, rubbing shoulders with the Rich and Famous, bills and hotels as well as having Crones disease (as I read in this thread and am taking that at face value).

So yes, Dynamo does indeed present his magic as being 'real' in the sense that he uses expressions and body language to give that impression to those he is playing tricks on.

He leaves people astounded and perplexed and sometimes making wooish comment regarding the 'powers' they have just witnessed.

That is what Magicians do.

That is why I made my comments regarding how Magicians are not really helping the cause to eradicate wooism from Human Consciousness.
There are many ways to present magic, most of them performed with the expectation that people won't really believe it. Good showpersonship exceeds the narrow range you seem to think it should be restricted to.
Alan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top