View Single Post
Old 1st November 2017, 11:18 PM   #282
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Wait a minute, let me get this straight: So if the AP's alleged recording seems to have been created by de-noising and filtering an actual recording of crickets, then it doesn't have any potential evidentiary value, whereas if it seems never to have been anywhere near the sound made by a cricket (or any other animal), then it does?
Will somebody playing around with e.g. sinus waves and presenting a tape, claiming: 'This is a recording of the supersonic weapon (noise harassment, whatever),' have potential evidentiary value? If that is the case, then of what exactly?

PS I guess that what I'm asking is the question that we usually confront believers with: What evidence would it take to change your mind? i.e. about this case being an attack (harassment, whatever) on … let's call them: US diplomats in Havana perpetrated by the Cubans (Russian, ISIS, whatever)?
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 2nd November 2017 at 12:30 AM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top