View Single Post
Old 20th January 2019, 07:24 AM   #31
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Before he walked up to the kid, the mocking chanting and chopping gestures already started. That is not acceptable behavior on the kidS' part.
You may believe that it is unacceptable behavior, but I don't. It's the same kind of behavior I can see anytime I tune into a Chiefs or Braves game.

One of the students explains what happened to a local news station.
Quote:
In the midst of our cheers, we were approached by a group of adults led by Nathan Phillips, with Phillips beating his drum. They forced their way into the center of our group. We initially thought this was a cultural display because he was beating along to our cheers and so we clapped to the beat. He came to stand in front of one of my classmates who stood where he was, smiling and enjoying the experience. However, after multiple minutes of Mr. Phillips beating his drum directly in the face of my friend (mere centimeters from his nose) , we became confused and started wondering what was happening.
The video filmed and posted to Facebook by the black Israelites linked earlier shows the students cheering and chanting before and after Phillips approached them.

I would recommend watching some of the video mentioned above. The students are anything but a bunch of racist a-holes the media are portraying them as.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top