View Single Post
Old 17th September 2019, 06:49 PM   #128
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Back to the word games, I see. Fighting with MAT is not asserting anything. Its just fighting.
It is asserting a lot of things.

Quote:
But if MAT decides to drop the hammer, they will win.
Thank you Captain Obvious. It doesn't just have to be MAT, for example the air force could easily bomb the neighbourhood into oblivion in a few minutes. The question is, of course, whether the state considers the gain enough for what it will cost them in response. How many embassies, cops in hospital, and bombed banks, party offices, etc is a couple of squats worth anyway?

Quote:
I'm wondering if the squatters could actually legally win, and have their claim uncontested. Beat the state at it's own game.
Given that the state is the one writing and enforcing this "legality" you speak of, submitting to it doesn't constitute beating the state, now does it?

Quote:
Do you know if the Exarchia crew has representatives negotiating with the state in any capacity other than spray painting? Serious question.
I don't know but I don't think so.

Quote:
I'll bet you that case of beer you mentioned that Greek law will mean a lot if the state so wishes. From the looks of things, they are just pawing around (good deal, that). Curious to see what happens if the State gets pissed.
Oh they're pretty pissed off already, the head of government has been publicly humiliated about his whole "cleaning up Exarchia in a month" show.

Quote:
Asking you about a political/social philosophy which you posted to expand on is hardly imagination. Well, your concept of who is holding the cards is a little imaginary. I take it to mean you can not or will not elaborate on the subject you brought up?
In that case, the answer to your hypothetical is: Whichever is in my interest.
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top