View Single Post
Old 28th November 2018, 03:41 AM   #761
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

The FBI and Army CID only ever investigated the Stoeckley seven in order to disregard them as leads and suspects. Ivory was absurdly credulous with regard to Helena Stoeckley, and with regard to Mitchell, and even more so with regard to Mazerolle.

I fully appreciate that some doctors do not always get into the correct lanes with regard to diagnosis and some doctors think that if you told a psychiatrist you thought you were being bugged or telephone tapped or your emails were being read and recorded and it was disturbing your mind then he would say you ae schizophrenic. I still think that MacDonald's medical colleague Dr. Manson always testified to sense in the MacDonald case. He never had the quite ludicrous medical opinion without facts that MacDonald's injuries were self-inflicted, like some of the other doctors connected to the case:

http://www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.c...979-08-21.html

Quote:
Q Did you ever see at any time Jeff become violent with anyone?
A I can't recall that I did.
Q Have you ever seen Jeff lose his temper?
A No.
Q Have you observed Jeff in stressful situations?
A Yes.
Q What was he like in stressful situations?
A In episodes in medical school in surgery he was calm and collected. He, I think, controlled himself quite well. He is not a nervous or anxious person. He is a good competitor and we were involved in sports.
Q What did you observe when you first saw Jeff at Fort Bragg after this event had occurred?
A He was in the hospital bed and he had chest tubes (sic) in place.
Q What other things, if any, did you observe?
A He looked grief-stricken and worn out. He did not look physically well. He looked like he had been beaten. He was slightly pale and in some pain.
Q Dr. Manson, I know that you did not examine him professionally as a physician, but let me ask you this question: as a friend to him, did you observe any injuries on or about his body?
A Yes.
Q Did you actually touch any of the injuries or probe the injuries or do any other things that a physician would do in treating a patient?
A I can't recall that I touched or probed any injury.
Q But you did use your vision so that you could observe --
A (Interposing) Yes.
Q -- the wounds?
A Yes.
Q Now, on the witness stand today, do you have any recollection about where those injuries were on his body?
A Yes.
Q Would you describe what you recall about the location of the injuries?
A I recall he had a bruise on his forehead and a bruise on his temple area.
Q On which side of his forehead, if you recall and which side of his temple area?
A It was the left side of his forehead.
Q Was that the bruise?
A Yes.
Q What about the temple area?
A Right temple area. He had a bruise on his left arm. He had some smaller marks on the chest that could be compatible with puncture wounds.
Q All right, let me interrupt you at that point and then we will continue with what other things you observed. Let me ask you a question about the puncture wounds: in your work, Dr. Manson, have you ever had an opportunity to observe puncture wounds?
A Yes.
Q Would you have had an opportunity to observe puncture wounds on many occasions; would that be correct?
A Yes.
Q How could you tell the difference between puncture wounds and flecks of blood?
A One would have to clean the fleck. You know you can remove a fleck. Sometimes a small amount of blood will be trapped within the opening to a puncture wound and it would be hard to see the puncture wound. You would have to remove that fleck of blood to actually visualize the wound underneath.
Q Were you able to get close enough to Dr. MacDonald's chest so that you are able now to express an opinion to this jury as to whether what you saw actually were puncture wounds?

MR. MURTAGH: OBJECTION.

THE COURT: SUSTAINED.

BY MR. SMITH:
Q Do you have an opinion as to whether what you observed on Dr. MacDonald's chest were puncture wounds?

MR. MURTAGH: OBJECTION.

THE COURT: Well, did not this witness testify that he did not touch or probe any of these injuries?

MR. SMITH: Your Honor, all I am asking is if he has an opinion.

THE COURT: But an opinion has to be based on something.

MR. SMITH: Yes, sir. I can examine further.

THE COURT: Examine him.

MR. SMITH: Thank you, sir.

Last edited by Henri McPhee; 28th November 2018 at 03:47 AM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top