View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 02:29 PM   #149
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Roboramma View Post
ETA The place (The Canadian Wartime Heritage Museum in Hamilton) is pretty cool. They regularly fly a lot of their aircraft, including a Lancaster that flew missions over Germany in WWII, and it's possible to book a seat on those flights. They also had a plane that dropped paratroopers on D-Day, and again they regularly fly it and take passengers.
Here: www.warplane.com

The Lancaster is only one of two still flying; the other's in the UK and doesn't take passengers. The other might be their C-47. They've also got a flying B-25 and a bunch of Harvards (the Canadian equivalent of the Texan).

Used to be my favourite place for air shows until they discontinued them (too low profit, a single rainy day on the two-day air show weekend could apparently put them in the red). Second best is the Brantford show in August (http://www.communitycharityairshow.com/) but the parking is horrible - when we went in 2017 it took two hours to get out of the parking lot after the show.