View Single Post
Old 16th January 2017, 05:31 PM   #93
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
... ridiculously amateurish...
That sums up most of bigfootery. Add in ignorant and deceptive and you pretty much have the whole ball of wax.

To participate in this folly as an enthusiast you must ignore the wilful denial of facts and accept as genuine and valid such amateurish things like this NDA, or the NAWAC reports, or the obviously doomed to failure research endeavours like the failed Falcon Project. None of it is real. None of it passes even cursory examination by a critical observer.

Yet, still we have people like NL who come here and tell tales of candy projectiles by the campfire. That people self select into this and then choose to peddle this nonsense outside of BLAARGing circles is one of the many things that truly boggle me about the bigfoot community. Who do they think, outside of other game playing footers, is going to believe any of it? It's almost as if they are hiding behind the audacity of the claims. As if to say, if I didn't truly believe something this ridiculous, why would I say it?

I'm still not buying it. I still cannot help but feel the number of true believers must be very small.

Though, I suppose I should be informed and reminded by Darwin:

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."

Last edited by dmaker; 16th January 2017 at 06:06 PM.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top