View Single Post
Old 20th July 2017, 07:03 PM   #183
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Thus, the need for stricter gun control.
I'd like some criminal control before the state starts creating the new class of criminals, thanks.

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
So you agree that the extra penalties associated with a criminal act that includes the showing/use of a gun have no deterrent effect? <--Genuine question, not meant to be hostile.
Answered pretty effectively by Bikewer - The laws are effective *when* they're enforced.

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Are criminals in the USA a species completely different from criminals in Europe or Australia? Brains wired differently? No soul? Went to schools that teach guns are good?

Oh, the latter seems to make sense.
See below.

ETA: I cannot trust your judgement anyway after this example of blind, biased, obvious stupidity, which is so out of character for you:
Weird. Not sure why you'd lash out like that. What's your problem? How do you apply all those negative attributes to that post?

Not my burden. I did not claim that US criminals are a special sort of criminals.
Neither did I.

AJM would have to explain what makes them different such that they bring guns.
It's really quite simple Oystein: Armed criminals in the US don't have much to fear from law enforcement, the justice system or armed citizens. Their biggest worry is armed rivals. If caught with a concealed handgun, unless a serious felony has been committed, an armed criminal will not spend much time in jail. His gun will be confiscated, be arraigned, given a court date and will either post bail or if little or no criminal record, be released on his own recognizance. The cycle usually repeats until the criminal ceases activity or is arrested for something more serious, like homicide. Until that happens, criminals are in and out of jail through a revolving door.

Let's try an exercise. I'll list three actual gun crimes. You tell me how these crimes would have been dealt with if committed in Germany. Explain the police response and the legal response. How much time would they spend in prison? (anyone from other countries / states, please feel free to play along.*)

1. Man opens fire with a concealed firearm on a busy downtown Oakland street. He missed his intended victim but struck an innocent bystander. She lived. Subject is arrested.

2. Several young men, many of whom aren't allowed to legally possess handguns, open fire on another gang of young men, who return fire in a busy San Francisco shopping district. Two bystanders are wounded, one bystander is killed. Witnesses come forward and five men are arrested.

3. At a San Francisco shopping mall, in a dispute over roughly $200, a man kills two women then opens fire on responding police. No LEOS are hit. Surrenders when he runs out of ammo.

Those are just little snippets of life in the bay area, but don't take it from me - Here's a good example of the idiocy you get around these parts. This is not an anomaly - this is how things are around here.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

After seeing that, some might understand why some cops are nervous these days..

*Yes, I know. These incidents a rarity in [country / state] because super-duper gun control. Humor me and pretend it happened despite that, m'kay?