View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:09 PM   #40
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
The USA can be a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there, so I don't really give a fat rat's arse what your constitution says.

Fact:
In the USA you can carry a concealed, registered handgun on your person if you have a permit to do so. Your constitution guarantees you that right.

In NZ, that is illegal. You cannot even be issued with such a permit. Not even a security guard or a private detective can do so. If you are caught carrying a concealed gun, it will be confiscated, your firearms licence will be revoked, and you will go to jail.

I am a citizen of the planet and I have a RIGHT to comment on anything I want to, especially on this forum, which is an international one; or are you suggesting that the members of this forum support the concept of the suppression of people who have a different mindset from you!!

On this forum, I will comment on what I like, when I like and how I like (within the constraints forum rules) and if you don't like what I have to say, tough biscuit, mate!! (I think that's in your First Amendment somewhere, IIRC)

If you you don't like "foreigners" commenting on your domestic affairs, ask JREF Admins to give the forum the ability to create threads that can't be read outside the USA. (Good luck with that one!)

And in any case, we have so many Americans coming to live in this country that I do wonder what it is that drives them out of their own. I certainly don't want them bringing their fanatical "gun culture" here!!!
Nice rant, but totally irrelevant. Darth Rotor wasn't questioning your permission to post here. He was asking you why you choose to post here.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top