View Single Post
Old 25th November 2012, 10:55 AM   #81
Atwill
Scholar

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Examples please.
Well, any logical axiom, like the law of non-contradiction, or any rule of inference.

Originally Posted by tsig
So they're not equal or similar but they're all the same thing, philosophy? There's a bit of a contradiction there.
No, there isn't. I said, after you responded to me as if I had equated them in all regards, that I hadn't actually done so. They're all philosophy, but they're not all the same. That's all I've said and there's no contradiction there whatsoever.

Quote:
These all inclusive claims that "it's all philosophy" become tiring and repetitive
Sucks, but the reason why I'm making that claim is because it's true, whether you find it tiring or not. If you want to argue against the claim, instead of just lamenting its repetitiveness, please do so.

Quote:
"You can't even argue with us without using philosophy
Well, you can't. You can't construct a logical argument without employing logic.

Quote:
and since we're philosophers we automatically win the argument".
Come on, now. No one's said this, nor does it follow from the "It's all philosophy" claim.
Atwill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top