Thread: My Ghost Story
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2015, 09:39 PM   #562
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
You described the scientific method as a closed system with a start and finish when it is a fluid process that doesn't necessarily have a linear flow.
Link to the post where I expressed it in those terms.

Quote:
I compared the two situations as being thought experiments.
You compared your speculation to Einstein's thought experiments. You have not yet addressed the differences that your critics have identified between the two.

Quote:
Neither, you are on a side bar to derail the original discussion.
If you believe my posts are off-topic, report them for moderation. Your argument is either moot, or it is relevant in the way you previously suggested, or it is relevant in some other way you have yet to describe.

Quote:
The discussion has progressed and I know longer think the dream was literally my mother.
All right, that's a reasonable concession. Do you believe it was anything more than an ordinary dream? You insinuate that it is because of its allegedly prophetic nature. You've suggested it is absurd for your critics to demand proof for that insinuation. Do you therefore concede that your critics are not obligated to consider you dream factually prophetic?

Quote:
And nothing ever will, I only speculate as to how it might have happened.
But in the context of this discussion, "speculation" changes meaning at will at your hands. Normally someone disclaims as speculation a proposition he does not intend to have any probative value. When you try to make it have probative value, you offend reason.

Last edited by JayUtah; 10th November 2015 at 10:02 PM.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top