Thread: My Ghost Story
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2015, 09:48 PM   #563
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
That's hubris on your part.
Not at all. An appropriate education is attainable. You can either achieve it and appreciate how it benefits you, or you can eschew it and continue resenting what others have that you don't. It's factual, not hubristic. Nothing I've done or said prevents you from learning what you seek to know.

Quote:
You don't know the answer because you didn't truly understand what you posted in the first place.
If you don't mind, I'll be the authority on whether I understand what I say.

Quote:
Where? I never saw it.
here and here.

Quote:
I've stated what I do for a living numerous times on here.
I'm sure you have. I have not read many of the more than 3,000 posts you've made at ISF, except in this thread. Please indulge me. You have expressed an expectation that would ordinarily require expert judgment. I'm asking you to lay the foundation for that expectation.

Quote:
I make no pretense at being an expert at anything I'm discussing.
In contrast I do. I try to argue from a position of suitable information. I'm curious why it seems you would discuss things you don't know about. Specifically, now hearing your admission of non-expertise, I'm curious to hear your justification for setting yourself up as a judge of whether your critics have an appropriate understanding. Your rebuttals of late base themselves almost exclusively on insisting that your critics are not properly informed. If you are not an expert, how can you assure your readers that you are not the one who is underinformed?

Last edited by JayUtah; 10th November 2015 at 09:59 PM.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top