Thread: My Ghost Story
View Single Post
Old 21st November 2015, 09:12 AM   #589
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Dimensions. Not higher, just other. For lol's sake...
That's fine, I can withdraw the "higher" charge. However the relationships between dimensions in a vector formulation is still not as Jodie as explained. While three of the dimension in the standard and multiverse models relate to three spatial dimensions and are orthogonal, and while the fourth relates to a concept for which one can have an intuitive understanding (but not orthogonal to the first three), the rest are not simply extensions or variations on that theme. That's why I took such pains to explain the idea of a conceptual problem space. Quantum field theory is just such a space. "Those other dimensions" simply aren't in any way, shape, or form what Jodie envisions them as.

She said she never got to the point of studying trigonometry. That means her formal education (following USDE curricula) in mathematics ended somewhere no later than second-year algebra. She will not have studied linear algebra or calculus, both of which are absolutely essential to understanding QFE and QM. LE and calculus are both transformative subjects. Just as algebra transforms a mathematical understanding based on arithmetic by introducing symbolic manipulation, so too do those others. One simply has no prayer of understanding the vector formulations in higher physics without them.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top