View Single Post
Old 10th November 2021, 05:01 AM   #293
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

binding affinity to the protease

To do a full analysis of the Campbell video, one would need to read the papers. I got about halfway through the video, and one thing that jumped out at me was that one of the papers was using ivermectin at 50 µM in concentration. It gave substantial but not complete inhibition. That does not strike me as being anywhere near strong enough affinity. Another thing: docking is a useful, in silico tool, but it is no substitute for measuring the affinity properly. Given that ivermectin and remdesivir bind to different enzymes altogether, I don't see the point of comparing their docking affinities.
EDT
I got all the way through. One problem is that he is taking docking studies, which are done in silico, way too seriously. I am not an expert in docking, however. It is odd that he did not know what nsp14 was.

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 10th November 2021 at 05:54 AM.
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top