View Single Post
Old 10th November 2021, 11:53 PM   #306
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
That's quite a lot.

People are in mild panic here because we're having 150 a day, but we're still in major lockdown - 12 weeks of it so far.

Schools go back next week, so we'll look more like you shortly, I'd say.

How are the hospital numbers? I see deaths haven't gone above an average of 3, but it's early days.

Hospitalization (and ICU!) numbers are rising. So is the death toll, but more slowly - maybe because 0-9 and 10-19 are the two age groups with the highest rates of infection.
Schools shouldn't have been open until all children were vaccinated. And students should have have been wearing face masks. It is as if European countries consider children to be invulnerable and as if there is no such thing as long covid.
That is one of the things I admire about Cuba. They didn't open schools until children had had three jabs and they're still masking up.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top