View Single Post
Old 13th November 2021, 03:10 PM   #320
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Probably those with greatest occupational exposure will be teachers / child care workers. Occupational mortality for teachers despite high risk of infection was not above average as compared with care workers dealing with the elderly, who had high risk of infection, but not necessarily a high risk of prior infection by other coronaviruses.
That's very much in line with what was being said almost 18 months ago.

My mind boggles that we don't know for sure what it is.

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
UK official figures have been up week-on-week for the last three days, which I'm pretty sure indicates a real increase. I would guess the previous dip was largely due to the schools being on half-term, and they've been back two weeks now.~

The ZOE Covid numbers are still dropping, though, but that may be, as always, a reflection of their data set which I suspect doesn't have a lot of school-age children.
Sounds right. And the good news is, if infections are mainly kids, your hospital and death rates should fall down a cliff.

Let's hope.

Originally Posted by marting View Post
So egregiously wrong data in both Table 1 and Table 2. And it's something that should have been noticed by anyone reviewing it. Thanks a lot for feeding the deniers claiming the CDC's data can't be trusted. Grrrr.
Jesus mate, if you're spotting these errors that easily, they should be being stopped long before publication. Have you contacted them?

Always the damned numbers.