View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2020, 03:09 PM   #396
Ulf Nereng
Muse

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Andorra is an anomaly, as is San Marino. It looks like they're both just in the wrong place, with San Marino being in thick of Italy's worst region and San Marino being sandwiched between two countries. Whether many people from outside came in at the time, I have no idea.

I have to confess my knowledge of the pair of them is limited to knowing Andorra has a fairly useful rugby team for their size.

Now, that is interesting, especially in light of Andeans appearing to only being lightly harmed by the virus.
However, Kyrgyzstan does seem to be having a major surge, so time out on that one. Kyrgyzstan, Bhutan & Nepal seem to have done a lot of testing, so their numbers should be somewhat reliable, while Tajikstan hasn't even kept records, so theirs are probably dodgy as hell.
Andorra and San Marino are heavily reliant on tourism, with Andorra being a freeport, too. So they get busloads of tourists dropping in to buy cheap stuff. Perhaps a bus tour going like Venize - San Marino - Rome.

As for those four high-altitude countries I notice that Bhutan and Nepal are hindu/buddhism countries, while the two -stans are overwhelmingly muslim. But then we're back to looking at cultural differences again? Not sure what it could mean.
Ulf Nereng is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top