View Single Post
Old 24th April 2012, 01:43 PM   #33
Xulld
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Howie Felterbush View Post
It's not even close to being banned.

Most states require the traps to be tagged with their owner's name, and that trap lines be checked (often daily, sometimes every 72 hours, depending on the state). Some states don't allow leghold traps, or require that leghold trap jaws be smooth (no teeth). Hell, some states still allow snares, as long as the snare opening is smaller than a certain size (to prevent catching deer).

Even California allows trapping, (with legholds) for crying out loud. And they don't allow anything!
http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/...Trap Types.pdf

Yea Howie is right, I was being overly dramatic. My impression was based off of a time when I was very poor and many of the regulations made the traps I had illegal.

Freedom of Speech is a right recognized in the First Amendment. Freedom from consequence is nowhere to be found. -Bstrong
Xulld is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top