View Single Post
Old 13th October 2021, 04:08 PM   #47
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Wait... 16 years and still E4? Not even an NCO yet? Really?

[OFF TOPIC (explainer for my incredulity)]
In the USAF promotion to E4 is automatic based on time served and time in grade. Even though promotions in the Air Force go through WAPS (the "Weighted Airman Promotion System") and not a promotion board, an average airman would expect to reach E4 in about 2 to 3 years. E5 - Staff Sgt, requires basic trade and leadership skills, most of which are easy to master.

If you not have made E5 by five years, you have issues (most airman will have made E6 - Tech Sgt by five years - if you still haven't made E5 after 16 years, those issues are serious and you are well below average intelligence..... no wonder she was a Trump supporter!
Yeah, we've actually discussed this before...to only be an E4 after that many years is indicative of probably having been busted down in rank a time or two. I know officers, if passed over for promotion twice, automatically get discharged. At least that's the way it was when my dad was in the AF.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top