View Single Post
Old 13th October 2021, 08:11 PM   #164
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Yes, the CVCC had extra little intake valves in the head, and that was what gave them that designation, but it was a design specifically geared to carburetion, and the need for that ended when they introduced fuel injection, so in a way you're both right and right.

Mitsubishi also had something similar to that, called "MCA Jet"). My first 1984 Colt Vista with a carburetor had it, but as I recall, the 87 with injection did not.
Thinking back, I've only owned two carbureted cars - the '87 CRX and a '69 Triumph GT6 Mk. II (Twin Zenith Strombergs). I've driven plenty of others - '76 Caprice, '77 Grand Safari, '80 Grand Prix SJ, '84 Nissan Sentra (with 'DATSUN by NISSAN' badge) - but they all belonged to my parents.

My current '15 Honda Fit has direct injection. You can hear the injectors ticking like a diesel when it idles. It's just a little 1.5 liter L15B, but it's all singing and all dancing, making a respectable 130 bhp and 118 lbs of torque, with more mid-range than any small engine I've ever driven before. Coupled with the 6-speed manual it's actually quite sporty. If I could find the time to start autocrossing again, I think it would make a good track car.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top