View Single Post
Old 17th March 2019, 08:54 PM   #47
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
The town where I live is named The Most Liberal town in the USA. Peace signs everywhere. Woo's on every street. Business's everywhere that reflect that; Breath Therapy, Inner Child and Reiki, it just goes on and on. Convenient walking distance to pot dispensary's from anywhere in town.

It is interesting. I am living in a nuclear-free, hate-free community. That is what the sign entering town says.
Sorry, but I don't equate "woo" with "liberal (in the US sense). They would seem to be very much at the opposite ends of a spectrum about operational reality. Woo's have a very weak grasp of it, while liberals worship it in the extreme.

Have I missed something?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top