View Single Post
Old 5th January 2017, 12:06 PM   #9
Drewbot
Philosopher

NL, have you looked at the NDA to see if it has any legal sway over someone divulging a place on public land?

What would your legal recourse be? Don't you have to be able to quantify damages if you were to try to sue someone for breach?

If someone revealed the location, on public land, of this huge secret, what would you be able to claim?

For example, if I was going on an expedition to prove the existence of Dragons in Central Park, NYC, and I made someone sign a NDA, what damages would I be able to claim in my lawsuit to enforce such an NDA if the person spilt the beans?

Would this person's breach falsely make me look crazy?
Would this person's breach have caused me monetary damages?
Would thousands of new Dragon researchers descending upon this spot, for which I have no claim, cause me monetary harm?

What are they unable to disclose? The location where NO BIGFOOTS were located? Hypothetical Facebook Post: "Just left Raccoon Mountain in Minnesota, Zero Bigfoots here." would that be in violation?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top