View Single Post
Old 7th May 2012, 02:35 PM   #161
Dinwar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GIBHOR
adaptation to the environment has been tested, ok, agree on that. Macro evolution however has not been tested, and never been observed.
This is false, for two reasons. First, "macro evolution" is merely accumulated microevolutionary changes, so your distinction is fictional. Second, IT HAS been observed. Ring species are the midpoint in one process of speciation. And the fossil record shows macroevolution quite clearly.

I've made my credentials in this conversation known. Please present yours. I don't need a full CV; just a brief list of the fields you've been paid to work in, or have gone through formal training in, will suffice. If you don't have any I'm not going to reject your statements; I'd just like to know the level at which I should address your concerns. If you're a geologist, cool, I can get into case studies on sedimentology and taphonomy and the like; if you can't tell a wackie from a packstone, I'm going to have to take a different direction.
Dinwar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top