View Single Post
Old 7th May 2012, 04:55 PM   #181
elipse
Master Poster

Originally Posted by GIBHOR View Post
Its not honest to have figured out scientifically things, and when the evidence points out clearly that a " natural " explanation is not plausible, then instead of aknowledging that a " supernatural " cause is plausible, just escape with a " we don't know answer ".
What question is it for which a natural explanation isn't plausible? You went from asking about whether we were satisfied with the answer "I don't know", which is a general question, about how we, as individuals, feel about uncertainty, to something very different: accusing scientists of hiding behind "I don't know." You have to defend this accusation. You can't just say it and have it be true.

Quote:
Aknowledge that God is the best explanation for our existence, does not mean, scientific research has to stop there. We can continue to find out about the amazing creativity, beauty and intelligence the creator created, and use it for our needs.
But IN PRACTICE that's exactly what happens: scientific research stops...and, in fact, you yourself admit this just two sentences later...

Quote:
What if we don't know ?
Well, that's the entire dang point! If you say God did it, you don't know ANYTHING beyond that. So why is that "I don't know" okay with you, but a scientist's "I don't know" is unsatisfying?

Quote:
Is it needed ? once the truth has been detected, no further search is needed. That is my case. I am satisfied with knowing and aknowledging that the God i believe in created all things. Actually, it makes me happy, since that knowledge gives me meaning and value of my life.

It depends, on which question you answer " we don't know ".
...riiiight here. So you WILL be happy with "I don't know", so long as "I don't know" includes god, and you're saying that you will STOP there. That just so long as god is a part of it, you don't need to look any further. So when you say "I don't know" you mean "I don't know, and I am content not to look for an answer."

That's just the opposite of what scientists mean when they say "I don't know."

Oh, and maybe the rest of us get "meaning and value" out of life by learning more, asking questions, contributing to society, etc. We create our own meaning, instead of needing a supernatural entity to create it for us.