View Single Post
Old 10th September 2019, 11:46 PM   #6
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

He's mad. And he's asking the FBI to investigate.

Liberty's Falwell says he's target of 'attempted coup'

Quote:
"I'm not going to dignify the lies that were reported yesterday with a response, but I am going to the authorities and I am going to civil court," Falwell said, referring to the reporter as a "little boy."

He added that Liberty has hired "the meanest lawyer in New York," whom he declined to identify, to pursue civil cases. Falwell also declined to identify the people he said were spreading the emails.
"The Meanest Lawyer in New York"!!!
How Christian!

He has some interesting legal ideas:
Quote:
Falwell said he contacted the FBI last week after he learned that reporters were reaching out to Liberty employees about the emails he insists were stolen.

"Liberty owns every single one of those emails. It's our property. They were working for us when they used our server. And our policies make it clear every email sent on our server is owned by Liberty and if anybody shares it with anybody outside Liberty, it is theft. And so that's the underlying crime," Falwell told AP in a phone interview.
I'm no lawyer, but I don't think that's how it works.