View Single Post
Old 24th February 2006, 06:14 AM   #186
Mariah
Thinker

NOVA: Secrets of the Psychics--video featuring Randi

KellyJ and everyone:

If you don't already own this excellent NOVA epsiode featuring Randi and some of the world's best psychics of the time (mid seventies) consider purchasing a copy via the Amazon link below or via the Randi site.

It contains the section of the episode where Johnny Carson helped Randi debunk Uri Geller, and it has several scenes where Russia's best psychics of the time are exposed. One scene shows clearly how deceived the psychics themselves were--a real must-see.

Purchasing it would be like a high-five to Randi, and will help keep it in print. I've watched its sales level rise as some of us have gone in and reviewed it.

I think it shows what Randi is really about--helping people identify and avoid the tricks of these people. I've found nothing that SHOWS how psychics work better. I believe it's well worth the modest price to have it in your collection.

As I've recommended before on the forum, buy a copy and see if your local library will add it to their collection.

As I gradually revamp my website to promote critical thinking, I'm going to make it a featured recommendation. Remember, people will view a video who would never read one of Randi's books.

I'm for getting that video out there. ---Sherry A ("Mariah")

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance