View Single Post
Old 9th September 2019, 05:14 AM   #27
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
I don't like the word "Hello". Reminds me of the other word that has no "o" on the end and upsets my religious sensibilities. You are working in a company that respects my religious beliefs and you must stop using it. Period.
BTW - my friend does not like the word "but" because that is the last word her grandfather said before he died. Not only that - but as a religious person that word reminds me of the other word that has another "t" on the end and that is offensive because it reminds me of a sexual innuendo that was once used in my presence.
Thank goodness my workplace is so progressive and protects everyone's most sensitive sensibilities!

Oh yes - and before I forget - your name is offensive. It it reminiscent of the the old Dudley Do-right cartoons I used to watch when I was a kid. The character Snidely Whiplash used to exclaim "Drat!" when he was defeated and hearing that brings back memories of my cat that died when the TV fell on him. Dreadful!
Are they the rules at your workplace that no one can say hello? Have you been contacted by the HR department to let you know this?
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top