View Single Post
Old 20th November 2012, 05:42 PM   #301
Garnabby
New Blood

Originally Posted by IanS View Post
Scientists do not rely on philosophers first explaining to them what they should do in order to study, discover or explain things in our universe. Which is, as I say, why scientific papers rarely if ever need to reference the work of philosophers.
Okay, let's all just assume that Einstein never heard of (a "guesser" like) Aristotle, and furthermore, that him, and all the other scientists, "instantaneously" appeared out of that "null vacuum".

All bow down to "the scientists", lol. You win... what?

I don’t have to "presume" it either -Hawking and most other theoretical physicists have discussed this to death. Time is thought to have a beginning in the sense that what we call "time" would not (according to most current models) have any existence before the inflationary stage of the big bang.
Then don't use the word "probably", as "discussed to death".

Although you say you have never heard of such a thing, you can find that explanation in all of Hawkings popular level books.
Oh, i've heard of that. Just not of someone claiming that time comes out of space within such a point, itself. Even the dictionaries no longer recognize the instantaneous or now as being timeless?

P.S. Einstein did a lot of guessing/fudging on his own, but nothing of the classic sort that's going to withstand a few millennia, in my opinion.

Last edited by Garnabby; 20th November 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Garnabby is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top