View Single Post
Old 17th January 2013, 03:31 PM   #40
Zippy Omicron
Scholar

Since I posted, I was thinking about one other potential survival from a while back, the giant shark Megalodon.

Back in September 2012 on a local TV station, they were broadcasting a syndicated show on unsolved mysteries (produced in Canada, for young people--2007 was the date of the original show in the copyright section at the end), and it talked about giant sharks, and the sighting by Zane Grey and his son in the early 1930s (two separate sightings). They actually interviewed Zane Grey’s son for the program. It was off the coast of California, about 100 miles or so south west of Los Angeles.

There is also a discussion forum called "monsterfishkeepers.com" that has a thread about Megalodon sightings in the 20th century, including about finding Megalodon teeth dredged from the bottom of the Pacific that were dated to 11,000 and 24,000 YBP. I am not yet able to post a URL link, but enterprising readers should be able to locate the thread I am speaking about via Web searching.
Zippy Omicron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top