View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2017, 04:29 PM   #338
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Not trying to prove the horizon with the referenced observation, just pointing out the invalidity of your assuming the Navy saying to use LOS with a 35 mile missile means the Navy thinks no horizon exists.

I'm not trying to prove any horizon or what the Navy 'believes', skipper. Your appeal here is a Painfully Incoherent Red Herring Fallacy.

How/What on Earth am I ASSUMING??

Here's "My Argument", read this slowly...

Sea Sparrow (NATO):

"Bistatic, semiactive seekers in the nose of a missile receive a reflected signal from a target that is being “illuminated” with an RF signal transmitted from a fire control radar on a stand-off platform (e.g., aircraft, ship). Such systems REQUIRE that the platform maintain LINE OF SIGHT (LOS) to the target until it is engaged by the missile. Ship-based standard missile (SM) and NATO Seasparrow AAW missiles are examples of such a semiactive mode."
http://m.eet.com/media/1111959/819_radar3.pdf

Range is MORE THAN 35 Miles. http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...-missile-essm/
The target is "Illuminated" with a 2 inch Pencil Beam (RF) which has to be maintained "Painted" on the target until detonation. At a more than generous 80 Feet Elevation above Sea LEVEL (Fire Control Radar Height), the target should be hidden behind 385 Feet of Curvature.

Please explain how you can have Line of Site (LOS) 35 Miles Away on a "Spinning-Ball" by showing how an 2" RF Pencil Beam can penetrate 385 Feet (117 METERS) of Target Hidden Height through a WALL OF WATER 24 MILES in Length...??
(ps. 35 miles is "Low Balling" : (The 'Official' Max Effective Range is Classified ---- i.e. it's MUCH MUCH greater than 35 Miles!).

Pretty Easy...What's your response??

Quote:
I didn't state that you did

You didn't state "WHAT"?

Quote:
I am stating why the missile is no example of what the Navy thinks about whether the horizon exists

Try this...

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop, True or False??
Daniel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top