View Single Post
Old 1st January 2018, 04:38 PM   #184
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
And I didn't ask that.
And I wasn't talking to you, I was answering Donn

Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
My position is simple: asserting any ontology is worse than asserting no ontology, essentially by Occam's razor. And that materialism is, indeed, a fad.
Oh, I can invoke Ocham's Razor to support and explain my position too

If I can see it, touch it, smell it, hear it or taste it, or any combinations of these, or if I can see, or perceive or be shown its effects, e.g. quantum physics, gravity, etc, then its real. The simplest answer is that what we perceive is real; these things impact on my everyday life, so really, they are the only things that matter to me. Anything else is, e.g., solipsism, matrixism, universal minds etc, are AFAIC, meaningless philosobabble. As SG Collins would put it, "it demands a deep and abiding faith in things you can never know"

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 1st January 2018 at 04:40 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top