View Single Post
Old 13th October 2017, 11:31 AM   #137
Alphaba
Optical Allusion

Quite interesting divergent developments about this affair since yesterday.

On the one hand, the Guardian published an article relying upon "[s]enior neurologists " to push a "mass hysteria" explanatory hypothesis (BTW, "mass hysteria" has been relabeled mass psychogenic illness since the nineties).

On the other hand, Associated Press has put online what they claimed to be the first public audio of the sound allegedly broadcast to the affected persons in Cuba:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Obviously, major news medias then analyzed this audio file, like in making a specter analysis. And cautiously commented about it, a worthy example being an NBC article: "Listen to What Americans Heard in Mysterious Cuba Sound ‘Incidents’".

Well, I've made with Audacity a sound specter of the AP file:

Out of the obvious 50-240 Hz AC hum/noise background parasitizing the recording device (I've a lot of it on my own records ), what's curious is around the 7000 Hz peak. I'll focus on it if you're interested.
Alphaba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top