View Single Post
Old 4th July 2012, 12:42 PM   #127
MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator

Originally Posted by edd View Post
MattusMaximus: yes, and I should say your 'bottom line' was always correct. The text you quote is a little ambiguous but it's consistent with what I'd consider right ;-)
Thanks, edd

Quote:
Incidentally my jaw nearly fell off this morning when the BBC posted an article online that got it spot on - it's such a common error it's honestly astounding when the media gets it right!
Well, to be fair to the media, I have an advanced degree in physics, I teach physics at both the high school and college level, and I try to be as technically correct as I am able, but I still screw up some of the details on the really cutting-edge stuff like this discovery (such as I did above).

And if someone with my level of training and interest can make such errors, it isn't hard to imagine the typical media wonk making them as well.

Thanks for helping to put the 'E' in JREF!