View Single Post
Old 4th July 2012, 12:57 PM   #131
MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I didn't just mean the bosons or photons or gravitons for that matter. I just meant of all the elementary particles what do you get.

We tend to view solid things as taking up the amount of space that their visible mass occupies. But there's a lot space between the molecules, and a lot of space between the protons and electrons within the molecules and a lot of space between the particles that make up the protons and neutrons and so on. I was just wondering what you'd have left if you squeezed all the proverbial air out of the molecule balloons.
That space is simply vacuum. So there's nothing to "squeeze out", in that sense.

Or are you referring to simply forgoing the intervening space and putting all those particles together into the smallest volume possible? If so, then I have to agree with the statement above that you're likely moving towards something akin to either a neutron star or black hole.

Last edited by MattusMaximus; 4th July 2012 at 01:00 PM.
MattusMaximus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top