View Single Post
Old 7th September 2018, 02:30 AM   #294
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JTF View Post
Fortunately, the case records became part of the public domain and researchers were able to fact check the work produced on both sides of the fence. Much to the chagrin of Bost/Potter/Morris, FJ and WOE were exposed as literary propaganda and the only readers who took their "work" seriously were those who embraced woo. In essence, FJ/WOE joined a journalistic brotherhood that specialized in advocating for cold-blooded killers and having the ability to spot a conspiracy around every corner.

http://www.macdonaldcasefacts.com
Bost and Potter and Morris in the Wilderness of Errors book wrote sense about the MacDonald case. Fatal Vision was only written for the McGinniss bank account at the Bank of New England. As I have said many times in the past on the MacDonald forums, Ivory should have been in the Hall of Infamy not the Hall of Fame.

Ivory never really explained the candle wax at the crime scene at the 2012 evidentiary hearing which never came from MacDonald candles, or the fingerprints which a fingerprint expert testified at the trial that he was "totally mystified" about. From that evidentiary hearing in 2012:

Quote:
Q. OKAY. AND THERE WAS CANDLE WAX ALSO IN KIMBERLEY'S ROOM,1 WASN'T THERE?2 A. YES, THERE WAS ON THE ARMS OF THE CHAIR. YES, THERE WAS.3 Q. CANDLE WAX ON THE BEDSPREAD IN KIMBERLEY'S ROOM, CANDLE4 WAX ON THE COFFEE TABLE, CANDLE WAX IN ALL OF THESE PLACES,5 CORRECT?6 A. CORRECT.7 Q. AND NONE OF THAT CANDLE WAX MATCHED ANY OF THE CANDLES IN8 THE HOUSE?9 A. I'D HAVE TO DIFFER WITH YOU ON THAT.10 Q. WELL, WHICH ONES DID THEY MATCH?11 A. WE COLLECTED EVERY CANDLE WE COULD FIND IN THE HOUSE AND12 SENT THEM OFF TO THE LABORATORY TO BE EXAMINED. AS FAR AS I13 KNOW, ALL THE SAMPLES WE COLLECTED HAD BEEN IDENTIFIED OR14 ASSOCIATED WITH ANOTHER CANDLE OR OTHER CANDLE WAX.15 Q. OKAY.16 A. NOW -- OKAY. GO ON.17 Q. NO. GO AHEAD.18 A. I'M FINE.19 Q. BUT THERE WAS CANDLE WAX THAT DIDN'T MATCH CANDLE20 DRIPPINGS IN THE HOUSE IN SEVERAL OF THESE PLACES INCLUDING21 THE CHAIR IN KIMBERLEY'S ROOM AND THE BEDSPREAD IN KIMBERLEY'S22 ROOM THAT DID NOT MATCH ANY CANDLES IN THE HOUSE, ISN'T THAT23 ACCURATE?24 A. I DON'T KNOW. I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S ACCURATE OR NOT.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top