View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019, 01:08 PM   #9
Meadmaker

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
With Georgia about set to give women who get abortions the death penalty, Ohio requiring ectopic pregnancies be saved...somehow and Alabama deciding rape isn't a problem it is the sluts that claim rape happened that is the problem...well I'd like to say that all the Bernie Bros who said back in 2016 that it was okay, nay a requirement, to vote Stein because women were safe can collectively all just go jump off a cliff. I said then that conservatives would never be satisfied until women were reduced to slaves for men's whims but I was just talking "nonsense" and yet here we now are.

I think you need a better map. We are "here", but where we are doesn't much resemble your description of it.

However, the unhyped version of events is correct. Abortion may end up illegal in some states soon, for the first time in almost fifty years, and that is, in fact, due to the election of Donald Trump. Still, I was pretty young in 1972, but I don't remember things being as you described. I'm not saying that the situation today is good, but I am saying your description of pending possible events does not match reality.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top