View Single Post
Old 6th January 2021, 12:13 AM   #1136
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
I never really understood Trump's popularity.

To me, even back in the 1980s, when he first entered my consciousness, he always seemed like the very definition of a rich, arrogant jerk. Not the well-mannered, genteel sort of rich, but a brash, arrogant, in-your-face sort who unapologetically flaunted his wealth and high opinion of himself, with no pretense of humility, in a way that I never found at all endearing. And it always seemed apparent that Trump believed that his wealth was evidence of his superiority.
I think I knew him by name before The Apprentice was first broadcast here, but I knew nothing about him. He ticked off all the nouveau riche chlichés, so I assumed he was a self-made man who had just assumed that persona for the show. But no, he's a WYSIWYG silver spoon baby.