View Single Post
Old 12th February 2018, 06:24 PM   #57
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
Rather poorly, but at least you're trying.

How does a reasonable person think less of the Dreamers who say they'll follow the law and leave the country if they're not allowed to stay? That seems like a very unreasonable thing to do, and not even close to people who threaten to leave if their political choice doesn't win as far as stupidity goes.

Spin it as 'angry and screaming' all you want, it doesn't make them similar. I'd characterize the Dreamers as sad, scared, and disappointed before 'angry screaming'. Plenty of those who support them staying though are very, very angry. This doesn't make them wrong or stupid.
Well, there's your problem.

When someone equates "if this happens, my family will have to leave" as "threatening," you realize that logic has gone out the window, and political ideology and cognitive dissonance rule the day.