View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2018, 06:16 AM   #693
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
It's painfully obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. There's so much crap in this I don't even know where to begin.
You have just admitted it is not crap and you cannot counter what I said.

Quote:
I'll just pretend I didn't read the rest of that garbage and only reply to this:
"By mythical I mean it cannot be touched, altered or tampered with in any way. It has remained exactly as it is now, since it first appeared in 1791."
I am highly aware you got your "education" on the US Constitution from reading headlines of European propaganda rags.
You are using the fallacy of poisoning the well, as you are struggling to argue against what I have said.

Quote:
A 7th grader would be able to tell you how stupid this is. The constitution can be interpreted in many different ways, and has been interpreted in many different ways. Your entire point that the second amendment "cannot be touched, altered or tampered with in any way," is just simply wrong. It's been interpreted in many different ways since it was ratified. You just don't know what you're talking about. It's really that simple.
The 2nd is worded exactly now as it was when it first appeared. Interpretations have not altered the basic tenet that it means citizens have the right to firearms and there has been very little compromise on that tenet, unlike other countries as they reacted to criminal possession of guns, mass shootings and to stay on topic, police shootings that were murders, but they get away with calling them self defence.

Last edited by Nessie; 23rd December 2018 at 06:18 AM.
Nessie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top